Friday 28 June 2013

Top 3 Games That Got Me Excited at E3

E3 was a rather bizarre event this year, with Microsoft being trashed by the public and Sony being declared the people's champion. But all that aside some brilliant games were shown at the event and these are 3 games that got me really excited!

The Division

 The Division was a really big shock to gamers, but right after this trailer was shown I was sold, I needed this game. The idea of an open world run down city which I'm allowed to explore with a squad of friends is brilliant. The constant dangers of opposing groups performing ambushes wherever you are is genius to me, it creates suspense and gameplay that will always keep you at attention.

The game also looks stunning, the graphics are beyond beautiful and I can tell this game will be a real winner for Ubisoft. Being a fan of many of the Tom Clancy games for their realism also helps. However I always saw Tom Clancy games as being a tad underappreciated with the rise of modern day shooters cluttering the market and leaving little room for games not considered as blockbuster like Call of Duty. Hopefully this will be the mark of an era of Tom Clancy.

Destiny
 
I grew up with Bungie delivering huge hits with the Halo franchise. Since then Bungie have departed and a part of me was sad to see them leave such an iconic franchise, however with the stream of news coming from Destiny I was more than happy that Bungie were allowed to move onto new things and create new ideas. The trailer and gameplay from E3 solidified my thoughts, the game is beautiful and I love what we have seen from this new universe Bungie has built. With Bungie saying the game will have a 10 year life cycle I am excited to see how this game progresses as time goes on. Bungie could potentially be sitting on a goldmine here.
 
The game of course visually looks incredible with a real futuristic feel. People are already comparing it to the gaming equivalent to the Star Wars franchise so already people are setting expectations high. If anybody can live up to the hype, it's Bungie.
 
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
 
 
Metal Gear Solid has always been a franchise I've loved, the story, the characters, it all adds up to a brilliant experience overall. In the past Kojima has commented on the dark story that this game will have, certainly from the trailers we have seen the story really fills me with interest. Speculation has already begun of course, as with any Metal Gear Solid game, such as Eli being Liquid Snake.
 
 It's all exciting stuff and the idea of a open world Metal Gear Solid game is interesting, it will be interesting to see how exactly the game will work like this, what will populate the world to keep players interested? It's all questions I'm sure will be answered, but the mechanics shown and the gameplay we have seen all seem to be great additions to the gameplay, I can give nothing but praise to the genius that is Kojima.

1 comment:

  1. I just invented a new word. Newbicide. Newbicide is what newbies do near the end of the round, when one of the two characters life bars are dwindling or the timer is about to go. It’s basically a “hail mary” maneuver so obvious it’ll never work as long as your opponent doesn’t sneeze at the same time you attempt it.

    These fucking newbicidal fucking cocksuckers on XBL are so fucking pathetic it makes my brain hurt. The most obvious easy to punish bullshit comes flying towards me from full screen and thanks to the fucking delay on our wonderful internet at the moment, I get hit and lose the fucking match.

    God damn these fucking newbie fucking cockstain fucks. I really don’t want to play this game online any more. I don’t feel like I’m learning anything new. Occasionally against the very good players I am. It seems the good players aren’t too fond of newbicide. Even with the lag they tend to keep the game as solid and smart as possible.

    Fucking newb fuckers.

    ReplyDelete